Posted by JaimeAnnJaimeAnn's Lemon filling
JaimeAnn's Lemon Filling
- 1&1/2 cups sugar 1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon cornstarch 1&1/2 cups water 3 egg yolks slightly beaten 3 Tablespoons Butter 3 teaspoons lemon rind 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Mix sugar & cornstarch in medium saucepan, gradually stir in water
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly till mixture comes to a full boil.
- Boil & stir 1-2 minutes. Gradually stir at least half of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Blend it back into the pan. Boil & stir 2-3 minutes. ( if you don't your filling
- will taste eggy). Remove from heat add butter lemon rind and lemon juice, mix well. Cool before using as cake filling , if using as pie filling you can pour it into a baked pie crust immediately.