Posted by QueequegI love this resipie. And it´s so perfect the texture so silky and smooth ( great that you can add flavorings if you whant). It´s simpley a very delicious butter cream .
Italian meringue buttercream (IMBC)
- 1/2 cup of cold water (120ml) 2 1/4 cups of caster sugar 1 cup of eggwhites 1 1/2 pound of soft unsalted butter 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Place sugar & water in a casserole and bring it to the boil and start the timer. (jag brukar sänka värmen något när det har kokat upp för att inte riskera att sockerlagen blir brun)
- When the sugar syrup has been boiling for 5-7 mins. Start the kitchen mixer on full speed and whisk the eggwhites for the last 2 mins. When the timer is up the sugar syrup is done. With the mixer still going on high speed slowly pour the hot syrup down the side of the mixing bowl.
- When all sugar syrup has been added it should look like thick cream. Set the timer on 10 mins and beat on high speed. This is how long it takes in my mixer for the mixing bowl to be cool to the touch.
- After 10 mins. You should now have a lovely thick meringue
- Now its time to add the butter. Start the mixer on high speed and with a knife cut pieces of the butter and add it to the meringue. When all butter is added it will not take long for mixture to turn into nice thick smoothe buttercream. When that happend slow down the mixer and add 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl and start again
- You can add flavoring:
- Strawberry: ¼ cup of strawberry pure or more (after taste) pr, 2 cups of imbc
- Blackberry: ¼ cup of strawberry pure or more (after taste) pr 2 cups of imbc
- Blueberry: ¼ cup of strawberrypure or more pr. pr 2 cups of imbs
- Raspberry: 1/4 cup of raspberry puré or more pr. 2 cups of imbc
- Lemoncurd: ¼ cup of lemoncurd pure or more pr. cup of imbc
- Chocolate: 2-3 oz of melted chocolate, cooled down to 98 F, pr. 1 cup of IMBC