A classic Italian treat made up of delectable layers, Tiramisu boasts flavors of rich espresso alongside the simple sweetness of sponge cake. This innovative recipe modifies the indulgent dish for summertime by adding in layers of espresso ice cream. We recommend topping it all off with a light dusting of cocoa powder and flakes of white chocolate!
Posted by Anonymous
Sponge cake is soaked in coffee syrup then layered with coffee and espresso ice creams for an elegant, frozen dessert.
Ice Cream Tiramisu Cake
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups brewed espresso
- 1/3 cup coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 (9 inch) sponge cake
- 1/4 cup finely ground espresso beans
- 2 pint espresso ice cream
- 2 pint coffee ice cream
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and stir in espresso and coffee liqueur. Let cool completely.
- Split the sponge cake in half horizontally to make two layers.
- Place bottom layer on a serving dish. Brush with 3/4 cup coffee syrup.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons ground espresso evenly over surface of cake.
- Beat the espresso ice cream with the paddle attachment of an electric mixer until spreadable.
- Spread over bottom cake layer.
- Place the top cake layer over the ice cream.
- Brush with remaining coffee syrup.
- Place in freezer 30 minutes.
- Beat the coffee ice cream until spreadable.
- Spread the ice cream over the frozen cake, and swirl to make pretty.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of espresso powder, coco powder or white chocolate curls
- Return cake to freezer until firm.