Posted by MYOM-Dominic
Learn how to make a sugar bottle mold with CopyFlex Food Grade Silicone. Sugar bottles are greatly valued by cake decorators and sugar artists who use them to create sugar beer bottles and edible wine bottles for grooms cakes and birthday cakes. Filmmakers, stagecraft special effects artists and theatre prop specialists use sugar bottle molds to create breakaway glass bottles that can be safely broken over a person or object without causing injury. Isomalt and cooked sugar (also called sugar glass, candy glass, fake glass and edible glass) can be used to recreate any bottle in an edible form. Chocolate can also be used to create decadent, edible bottles that will delight customers and guests alike with a truly unique confection. This video represents a complete class covering a mold making method that is fun and easy to master. Every detail is demonstrated in a step by step progression that leaves no questions unanswered. [featuredcakes] Beer Bottle Cake By: skmaestas All tools and products used in this tutorial can be purchased at www.makeyourownmolds.com
How To Make Sugar Bottle - Part One[youtube id="MgYED-BDefs" width="600" height="350"]
How To Make Sugar Beer Bottle - Part Two[youtube id="YaCXxiFMkPc" width="600" height="350"]
How To Make Sugar Beer Bottle - Part Three[youtube id="3DWEa5Y1KG0" width="600" height="350"]
How To Make Sugar Bottle - Part Four[youtube id="fVME058GB58" width="600" height="350"]
How To Make Sugar Bottle - Part Five[youtube id="vclUUh1xxjs" width="600" height="350"]
How To Make Sugar Bottle - Part Six[youtube id="MxF95K_81-U" width="600" height="350"]
Here are my tips for clear isomalt.
- Use distilled water - many parts of the country have what is called hard water. The minerals in tap water can turn brown when exposed to elevated temperatures but because there is so little of these minerals you perceive it as a yellowing effect.
- Add only enough water so the isomalt looks like wet sand.
- Use Stainless Steel pots and Stainless Steel utensils for stirring. Do not use a wooden spoon. Foreign materials in the wood leach out into the isomalt which can turn the mixture yellow.
- Do not use a natural bristle brush to wash down the sides of the pot once isomalt comes to a boil. Use a nylon pastry brush. There are a host of chemicals and conditioning agents in the natural bristles that can turn your isomalt yellow.
- Stop stirring isomalt water mixture when it comes to a boil.
- Test your candy thermometer. many of them read inaccurately. Test by bringing water to a boil and inserting thermometer and observe the temperature is shows. It should read 212 degrees F.
- Cook isomalt to 338 degrees f. Take off heat at about 334 and place bottom of pot in water to stop the cooking process. Allow the pot to stay in water only until the hissing stops. About 5 seconds.
- Place isomalt in a 265 degree oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. You will have no bubbles and pure, clear liquid crystal to pour all day.