Posted by 350BakerStreetThanks to KakeLadi, Denise2434 and (?). This is a WASC mixed up like the Heavenly White Cake recipe. It's VERY moist and fine/medium crumbed and springy :) I tried to be as precise about what I used as possible, so you can recreate my results. Delicious! *I'm a high-altitude baker, about 4500ft. May need to alter recipe for lower elevations.
Heavenly WASC Cake
- 2 boxes of Duncan Hines White Cake mix 2 1/4 C Cake Flour (Softasilk) 2 C Granulated Sugar (Superfine/C&H Baker's Sugar) 1 1/2 tsp Salt 8 Lrg Egg Whites 2 2/3 C Water 1/4 C Canola Oil (Vegetable Oil) 16 oz Sour Cream (Knudsen or Meadow Gold) 2 tsp Clear Vanilla Extract 2 tsp Almond Extract
- -Preheat oven to 340* F and spray/coat pans (6-8-10"x3") well.
- -In large bowl, mix together cake mix, flour and salt.
- -In mixing bowl, combine oil, sour cream and flavorings.
- -In separate mixing bowl, use electric beater on high to whipped eggs and sugar until it becomes a meringue-like consistency, about 5-8 minutes.
- -Starting with flour mixture, add to cream mixture alternating with the water in about 5 turns total. Keep mixer on low setting 1-2.
- -Fold in egg/sugar mix until just combined.
- -Pour into pans and bake at least 60 minutes for smaller pans and 90 minutes for larger ones.
- -Cool and enjoy!