Posted by FrankyolaThis recipe is one of my family favorites my mommy pas it to me a long time ago. It is a really good and moist cake, I always frost it with my caramel frosting (on my recipes) It is so yummy!!
Frankyola's Yellow Butter Cake
- 3 cups cake flour 1 cup butter* 3 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 2 cups fine sugar 4 large eggs 1 cup of buttemilk or milk (I prefer buttermilk) 2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 lemon extract 1/2 aldmond extract
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 (8") round cake pans.
- Sift flour, add baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- On medium speed, cream butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time. After 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons flour. Add flour mix alternating with the buttermilk or milk, ending with the flour. Add extracts. Please cake pan in middle of oven leave space between the pans (at least 2"). Bake for 35 or 45 min. (depends on the oven).