Posted by kakes_by_kimA great tasting Lemon cake!
Easy Lemon Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature 6 eggs 1 teaspoon Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract 2 eggs 1 oz. No-Taste Red Icing Color 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/4 cup cocoa powder 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two 8 in. round baking pans with Wilton Cake Release or vegetable pan spray.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs and icing color; blend well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; add alternately with buttermilk to batter mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir baking soda into vinegar; fold carefully into batter
- (do not beat).
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely.
- *To sour milk, use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup.