Posted by prterrellThis is a very rich frosting that tastes almost exactly like a piece of fudge. It is not dark like a candy bar like the canned fudge frostings, but don't let that fool you!
Easy Fudge Frosting
- Fudge Frosting 1 pound butter, room temp 2 pounds powdered sugar 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted and cooled 1 cup cocoa powder 1 teaspoon vanilla ¼ cup half and half 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- Cream butter.
- Cream in powdered sugar in 4 batches.
- Cream in melted dark chocolate.
- Cream in cocoa powder in 2 batches.
- Cream in vanilla and half and half.
- Whip in simple syrup (use more to achieve desired consistency).