Posted by TaridawnI was asked by a bride to create a moist white chocolate wedding cake. After trying 8 different recipes, I decided to slightly modify a Duncan Hines White Cake mix and found this to be absolutely wonderful and easy. The texture of this recipe is consistent no matter the size of the cake pan. I used 6, 8, 10 and 12 inch square pans and torted the cake with raspberry filling and frosted it with buttercream icing.
Decadent White Chocolate Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines White Cake Mix 3 large egg whites 1 1/3 c water 3 T vegetable oil 5 ounces finely grated white chocolate coins (not chips) Filling: your choice of fruit or mousse. Icing: Buttercream or Italian Buttercream.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees for a metal pan or 325 degrees for a glass pan.
- Prepare two 8 or 9 inch cake pans with nonstick cooking spray and line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper.
- Make the cake mix according to the directions on the package. During the last few seconds add the grated chocolate and pour the mixture into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 28-35 minutes depending on the pan size. For larger pans bake 45-55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in the pan at least 10-15 minutes. Transfer cake to a cooling rack and cool completely before torting. Tip: Refrigerating the cake at this time makes it easier to torte.