Posted by mlynnbThis is the best apple cake I have ever tasted! The batter is super thick, but don't thin it...it will come out perfect as is!
Chunky Apple Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, melted 2 cups sugar 2 large eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 cups all-pupose flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 2 tsp ground cinnamon 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced ( I used Empire apples & they were great) 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- -Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- -Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in apple and 1 cup walnuts. Spread into a greased 13x9 inch pan.
- -Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- ****This cake is excellent with a cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with walnuts, if desired.****