Posted by meldieThis is delicious cake pudding....
Caramel-apple pudding cake
- ?2 medium tart cooking apples, such as Granny Smith or Jonathan, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (2 cups) ?3 tablespoon lemon juice ?1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon ?1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg ?1/4 cup raisins ?1 cup all-purpose flour ?3/4 cup packed brown sugar ?1 teaspoon baking powder ?1/4 teaspoon baking soda ?1/2 cup milk ?2 tablespoon butter (no substitutes), melted ?1 teaspoon vanilla ?1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts ?3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping ?1/2 cup water ?1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
- ?1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- ?2. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish; arrange apple slices in bottom of dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Top evenly with raisins; set aside.
- ?3. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add milk, the 2 tablespoons melted butter, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly over apple mixture.
- ?4. Combine caramel topping, water, and the 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan; bring to boiling. Pour caramel mixture over the batter in the baking dish.
- ?5. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until set in center. Spoon warm individual servings into dessert dishes, inverting each portion. Spoon caramel-apple mixture from the pan over each portion. Makes 12 servings.
- it containts Carbohydrate 42g per servings