Posted by TonaA cake that has both the perfect flavor and texture for a wedding. Very moist
Buttermilk White Cake
- 1 cup butter 1 1/3 cups sugar 3 cups cake flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon almond flavoring 1/2 teaspoon lemon flavoring 6 egg whites 1 teaspoon cream of tartar 2/3 cups sugar
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Sift flour, salt and soda together add 1/3 at a time alternately to the creamed mixture with the buttermilk. Blend in the flavorings and beat until light.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff but not dry.
- Beat in 2/3 cups sugar gradually and fold this into the first mixture carefully and blend. Bake in 3 creased and floured 8 inch pans at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until doone cool and turn out