Posted by 2sdaeeasy recipe for a pound cake type cake.
Butter vanilla pound cake.
- 3 cups all purpose flour 3 tsp. baking powder 1 package vanilla pudding 1/2 tsp. popcorn salt 1 1/2 cups butter or 2 1/2 sticks 2 2/3 cup sugar 1 tbs. heavy cream 1 cup heavy cream 1 tbs. vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla bean scraped 6 large eggs
- preheat oven to 325 f.
- combine and sift flour, salt, sugar and pudding package. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- cream butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly, add 1 tbs. of heavy cream and beat hard for 30 sec.
- add the flour and 1 cup of heavy cream alternating between the two and scraping down the bowl at least 1 during this.
- add eggs 1 at a time making sure each is incorporated before adding another. Scrape down sides of bowl 1/2 way through.
- spoon into pans and bake until golden brown and cake springs back when gently touched.
- This is a dense and sweet pound cake. Goes very well with butter cream dream icing or any creamy icing. This a little sweet to cover with chocolate icing in my opinion but that is just what it is, my opinion!
- If you have to even ask on pound cake, don't bother! lol!