Posted by lutie
This is another version of my Strawberry Butter Cream Filling that has been increasing in popularity on Cake Central. This Blackberry Butter Cream is an absolutely beautiful icing and lovely filling. It sets your cakes above anyone else's...Hope you enjoy it as much as my clients have!
- 3 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 32 oz. bags 10X sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 over-flowing Tablespoon Creme Bouquet
- Dash Salt
- 24 oz jar of Blackberry Preserves
- Beat everything together for 3 to 4 minutes: 3 cups butter, room temperature and 1 cup Crisco Add (slowly): 2 32 oz. bags 10X sugar (powdered sugar) 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 1 over-flowing Tablespoon Creme Bouquet Dash salt Beat for 5 minutes and slowly add the rest of the heavy whipping cream, (It is your preference how much more you put into this).
- On the highest speed, beat the dickens out it for another 5 minutes. Out of this icing, take what you think will be enough for your cake filling and put it into a separate bowl.
- With a large spoon, add: 1/2 of a 24 oz. jar of Blackberry Preserves Fold into the butter cream and place between the layers of your cake. Use the rest of the butter cream to crumb coat your cake