Posted by MariaLovesCakesThis is the recipe I use most for yellow cakes. You can use a simple soaking syrup with it and it is super good. you will have a little batter left over if you use a pan 8" x 3" round. Don't overfill. I mainly use the two 8" x 2" round pans.
Bizcocho Basico (Yellow Basic Cake)
- 3 cups of self rising flour 2 sticks of butter or margarine 2 cups of granulated sugar 4 large eggs (yolks and whites separated and at room temp) 1 cup of evaporated milk vanilla and/or almond extract to taste
- 1. Beat butter and sugar at high speed until it is soft and pale yellow in color.
- 2. Start adding the yolks one by one until they disappear completely. Add flavors and continue beating.
- 3. Lower the speed to low and start adding the flour and milk alternating. Begin with flour and end with flour. Turn off mixer.
- 4. Whip whites to meringue consistency and FOLD into the flour mixture until meringue disappears.
- 5. Pour into prepared pans (8" x 3" round or two 8" x 2" round) and bake for 45 minutes at 350 Farenheit. (I use Wilton?s chart on baking times