Posted by JanHThis recipe does NOT contain eggs or milk.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar 1/3 cup shortening 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 tsp. baking powder 1/4 tsp. baking soda 1/4 tsp. salt 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening for about 5 minutes (mixture does not get smooth).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana, beating well after each addition (the batter will be thick).
- Spoon into a greased 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bread tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.