Posted by JanHThis pie forms its own crust while baking.
Amaretto Cherry Cheese Pie
- 2 pkgs (8 oz. each) cream cheese 1 can (12 oz.) almond cake filling 3 eggs 1/4 tsp. salt 2 Tblsp. Amaretto liqueur 1/4 tsp. almond extract 1/4 cup sugar 4 Tblsp. slivered or sliced, blanched almonds 1 can (1 lb., 5 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2. Beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Beat in almond filling,
- eggs, salt, liqueur and almond extract until mixture is well blended.
- Pour into a 9" pie plate.
- 3. Bake in center of oven for 10 minutes.
- 4. Blend sugar, and 2 Tblsp. of almonds in a cup, sprinkle over top of
- pie. Continue baking 30 more minutes, or until pie is puffed and
- golden. (Filling will sink as it cools.) Cool on wire rack.
- 5. Spoon cherry pie filling over baked pie; top with remaining almonds.