Posted by dhmichaud
Airdried Buttercream Icing
- 3 Tablespoons meringue powder 1/3 cup tap water (room temp. - not cold not hot) 2/3 cup Crisco (solid shortening) 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar (this is MORE than 1 pound) generous dash of salt 1 teaspoon vanilla (or flavoring to taste)
- Mix together water and meringue; beat stiff.
- Add remaining ingredients and whip for 3 minutes,
- scraping the bowl well twice. Keep covered when not
- I prefere to keep any left-over in a glass jar. Keeps
- well a couple of weeks but may need to be stirred well
- before using.
- Once flowers are made DO NOT! cover or put into
- freezer or refrigerator. Keep uncovered at room temp
- until they dry. The amount of time that takes will
- depend on how humid and warm your house/area is.
- Usually 24 hrs is plenty. Once completely dry
- completed flowers should be store in any NON airtight
- container - like a gift box. Will keep up to 4-6