Posted by TonaA wonderul light moist yellow cake
A Blue Ribbon Yellow Cake
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup shortening 1 1/2 cups sugar 2 eggs large 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup plus 2 tablespooons milk
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
- Cream together shortening and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer at medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients alternately with the milk to creamed mixture. beating well after each addition using low speed.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and wax paper lined 9 inch round baking pans.
- Bake in 350 degree pvem imto; dpme. pr wjem a cale tester comes out clean approx 30 minutes
- cool in pans 10 minutes
- remove from pans and continue cooling on wire racks.