Posted by elkinchahinEverytime I make this cake, wherever I take it, everyone loves it. My husband and my brother can eat the whole thing. The cake must remain in the baking dish, so I suggest you use a nice Pyrex dish. HOPE YOU ENJOY IT
3 Leches Cake
- CAKE: -6 eggs ( separate the yolks) -1 c sugar -1 1/2 c all purpose flour -2 tsp baking powder -1/2 c warm milk -pinch of salt 3 LECHES MILK (3 MILKS) -2 cans of condensed milk -2 cans of evaporated milk -6oz half & half 6oz regular milk so the cake wont be too sweet.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, grease your dish
- Beat egg white until stiff, add egg yolks little by little, ( Mix flour with baking powder together on separate bowl) Then add the sugar little by little to the eggs, after add the flour mix slowly. Once all is well mixed, add the warm milk. Then bake until when you insert a knife a come out clean.Once its done, let it cool completely, DONT TAKE IT OUT OF THE DISH...poke hole with a knife, lots of poking.
- Note: the cake by its self it might be to dry to your taste, its almost like a sponge cake, but thats the purpose of it, because it needa to soak all the milk we will pour.
- Blend together all the milks, then pour over the cooled cake. Pour a little, let it soak, then pour more, let it soak and so on, I usually use a rubber spatula on the side so I can kind of list it up so I can get the milk in there.
- The cake will taste better t if its really really wet. Refrigerate before eating, it needs to be cold. I bake it the night before I need it.
- I use cool whip and then sprinkle it with ground cinnamon.